How Insurrections Work
The Goal of Inurrections is to slow your progress on the online map and to force factions to either move forces from the front lines or have garrison forces to deal with them. On occasion the server makes a roll to see if an insurrection should occur. if the roll is successful, the server then does the following:
- Select a system for the insurrection to occur on. Eligable systems are all systems that are owned by a faction other than its original owner (Abandoned & systems originally owned a Local government, are not counted). this selection is random
- Check how likely a faction is to rebel, A random roll is made is made, if it passes the faction will rebel, if it fails, the process stops here. Each Faction's likely hood to support an insurrection is found below. these chances are based in lore and on map balancing efforts and will be adjusted overtime.
- Rebels make a roll to see if they can overcome the systems garrison force. fortifying a system can dramatically reduce the chances of rebels overcoming the garrison, check the table below for how levels of fortification reduce chances. if the rebels succeed, they will flip the planet and begin supporting other nearby systems on the next tick of the insurrection (see below for how ticks work), if they fail the owners of the system will take a control hit (if their grasp on the system was marginal to begin with, control of the system could still flip), but the insurrection will fail.
How Insurrection Ticks Work
Insurrection Ticks are the effects on a ongoing insurrection. on each tick an ongoing insurrection does the following:
- Make a survival roll, if this fails the insurrection ends immediately
- Check if the insurrection has been crushed. If so the insurrection ends immediately. To crush a insurrection, you must reduce the insurrecting factions hold on the site of the insurrection to 0%
- For each system within the insurrection's support radius that was originally owned by the faction (including the system itself), regenerate some control for the insurrection faction, over time this will flip or fortify them.
- Roll the next time this insurrection will tick and sleep until then
Faction Support of Rebels
|Faction Name||Support for Rebels|
|Min Control||Max Control||Chance to Resist Insurrection|